Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tracy Hess Interview - Female Bodybuilder

Tracy Hess Female Muscle Bodybuilding Blog

Where were you born?

I was born in Mobile, Ala

What do you do for fun that does not relate to the sport, do you have any hobbies?

I Love to dance, Coach high school Cheer-leading, producing my workout Videos.

How and when did you get involved in weight training?

I began weight training 17 years ago after my daughter was born in the process of losing my baby weight I had required a great deal of muscle during my training.

How often do you train and could you give a brief overview of your weekly workout?

I train 5 days a week Mon Legs, Tues Chest & Biceps, Wed Back & Triceps, Thurs Calves, Abs, Fri Shoulders and I do 30-40 mins. of cardio after each workout.

Tracy Hess Female Muscle Bodybuilding Blog

How critical is a good diet in this sport and why?

It’s very critical staying on a good plan only helps you maintain a good physique all year around so it’s not traumatizing when it comes to the pre-contest diet.

What is your favorite workout and why?

My favorite workout is of course legs it’s the most challenging body part it takes everything out of you. I love that pump that you get , and when you can’t walk for days Lol.

Tracy Hess Female Muscle Bodybuilding Blog

Do you train harder for competition preparation versus training in the off-season?

I train hard all year around I know no other way.

Did you want to compete from the day you started or did you gradually come in to it?

No I just wanted to get back into shape I was always fit I was a gymnast, Professional Eagles Cheerleader, Aerobic Champion.. I tried competing in fitness competitions but I was told my frame was one of a bodybuilder so I stacked my cards there and here I am now!

When and what was your first competition and how did you do?

My first competition was the Philadelphia Classic I placed 3rd at that show the next year after I was determined to win and I set out to do so. I won my class, overall, best poser my trophy was so big, It had to be dissembled Lol!

Tracy Hess Female Muscle Bodybuilding Blog

How often do you compete now?

Due to a work injury I had to take a year off to rehab but planning to make a comeback in 2012 In the physique division.

Could you list the competitions you have competed in and your placement?

refer to my website !

In your opinion what is your best body part?

Definitely my wheels (legs)!

Tracy Hess Female Muscle Bodybuilding Blog

Is women’s bodybuilding as respected as men’s bodybuilding or is it criticized more?

It’s not respected at all I think woman have gone too far with their muscularity any signs of being feminine. I would love for the sport to go back to the Cory Everson days and the early Lenda Murray era.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Having my own Health & Fitness TV Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment